Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fun 2 months!





Its May, which means Merlin and I have been married two months. This last month has been a long one considering Merlin is working and I've just been a stay at home wife/reader/ maid/ amature painter/ seamstress/ gardening/ lazy/ Sweet Nectar. But this coming week I'm starting school at the school of Massage Therapy and I'm pretty fired up.

We've gone on some fun adventures this month. Merlin still the amazing tour guide led the way to a mystery cave. Merlin Led on the dirtbike and I followed on big red and we road to a mountain an hour away from home, then we hiked to this cave and repelled down 60ish feet to a wee cave. Poor Merlin had to wait up for me along all the ridges. I got pretty winded pretty quickly. But luckily it was a nice, breezy, sexy day outside. We beheld some cute Stalactites. Wish I had remembered to bring a camera along. A common growth rate for Stalacites is 1 millimeter a year. Another growth rate I found is that one can grow ten centimeters per thousand years. Crazy! But anyways I really enjoy the quiet and darkness of nature and love the time I get to experience the simple beauty.

Another fun hike we went on was Ice Box Canyon. My family cordinated it and we hopped in the back of my moms little beetle bug(to our discomfort) and headed to Red Rock Canyon outside of LV. We went on the little senic route and the bikers in their tight little biker shorts were passing us up going fifty. I just hope those little biker shorts really make them go quicker and arn't for looks. Anyways I kept tring to pull Merlin back with the group but the mountain goat in him wouldn't let him go that slow it would seem. Haha. The hike is through a river bed and at the end there is evidence of a waterfall but no running water. A nice green pool though. It was a fun little hike. Its always fun to be with family.


Monday I had an amazing experience. My Sister Ashley invited me to see her new little baby's birth. It was such a beautiful sacred experience to see that little boy come into the world. My brother Thomas, who is going through EMT school right now had to watch a couple births and said how you just get a cool feeling when you see life coming into the world right before your eyes and I feel the same way. It definately made me excited to be a Mom. But for a little while we'll just be practicing creating for a while longer.

4 comments:

Merlin said...

You're such a cute lil wifey. Dang I love you so hard. So sad no more Thomas, Evan, and Mike for the summer. We'll have to go adventuring without them. Memorial Day weekend coming up. What ever shall we do???

Casey said...

Sweet! You have a blog! So do we: http://jaysonandcaseygifford.blogspot.com

Raylyce said...

I'm glad that your having so much fun! When your down in Vegas again, look us up and maybe we can go to the zoo or something. I wouldn't want to have to keep up with a mountain goat while carying a 2 year old...LOL! Love you!

Ranster said...

Cool photos guys! Looks like fun. My brother and his wife are going to navigate thru the Narrows this weekend. That's what your pictures reminded me of. We need to meet up sometime, but it will be difficult with my schedule this summer. Anywho, keep in touch you two lovebirds!