Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Emily went to DC...

SO I am not a photogenic pregnant woman. But that's OK. Just don't call me fat please!:)
I went to visit my sister Ashley Coder and her family last week in Washington DC. It was a fun, relaxing vacation. Luckily the kids slowed Ashley down so that I could keep up with her!
We went to Gettysburg one day to tour around. Before we even started the tour that covered like a 25 mile radius (in the car) the kids were ready to leave (it was cute- luckily they all fell asleep eventually).
Here is one of those silly un-photogenic pictures of me.

All the Museums and practically everything in DC is free! Sweet nectar! We saw all the important stuff- ruby slippers, dresses of the first ladies, the 220 million painting by Di Vinci. OK maybe not the REALLY important stuff but I can save those all for a time when my feet don't hurting so much!


Here is the 220 million painting by Di Vinci. Kinda boring and small huh? I'm not a real painting buff, though I definitely appreciate the monetary value!



Mostly I just had fun seeing Ashley's kiddies! They are so fun and cute! I sure miss them all being so far away!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Washington DC and area is an awesome place to visit. Been there several times and could go a lot more and still see things I havent before. Did you go to the Holocaust museum. Its pretty cool too.
I can see why the kids didnt dig Gettysburg, it is a lot of open fields with statues, etc. It was just incredible to be where that battle was fought.

Ashley Mae said...

I'm so glad you came and visited us!!! It was fun hangin out with my sis!!! I'm glad u liked it!!